Dr Matt Jacobsen
Email: email@example.comRoom Number: ArtsTwo 4.09
After completing my BA in English Literature at King’s College London in 2000, I studied at QMUL on the MA in Film and Communication.
I have taught Film History and Theory for the School since 2002, and my interest in the enhancement and development of the student learning experience in the school led to my taking up of the post of Student Experience Manager between 2012 and 2017.
- HST4312 - Screening History: Representing the Past in the Contemporary Historical Film
- HST5305 - British Horror: Film, Television and Literature
- HST5342 - Japanese Film: History, Culture and Fantasy
- HST6380 – American Horror Stories: The Fiction and Film Worlds of Stephen King from Carrie to It
- HST6405 - Video Games: History, Culture and Representation from Pac-Man to Pokémon
My research interests include:
- Science fiction, fantasy and horror cinema
- Japanese animation and digital media and their socio-historic contexts
- Matt’s doctoral thesis was on the representation of adolescence in Japanese anime, videogames and horror film at the millennium