The REAL-HEALTH Respiratory initiative focuses on improved primary care management of common respiratory conditions with an initial focus on asthma.
The aim is to improve identification of patients who are at higher risk of hospital admission due to their asthma.
- To provide practices with EMIS IT tools to support the identification of patients with high risk asthma based on prescribing records.
- To optimise asthma management and prescribing with regular structured asthma reviews for those at most risk of hospital admission.
(Click on the link to download)
- Summary guidelines [PDF 481KB] ‘Identifying patients with asthma at high risk of hospital admission’
- GP info sheet [PDF 378KB] ‘Identifying patients with asthma at high risk of hospital admission’
- Patient info sheet [PDF 275KB] ‘How do I look after my asthma?’
- Asthma Prescribing Tool excel file v1.2 [XLS 316KB]
- Asthma Prescribing Tool instruction guide. [PDF 431KB]
- AccuRx instruction guide [PDF 204KB] - How to set up AccuRx Patient SMS Templates in your practice
- REAL Health Respiratory v1.2.xml [219KB]
Watch a five-minute explanatory video: ‘Reducing hospital admissions for Asthma. EMIS Web tools to support Primary Care Asthma Management’
Anna De Simoni, Sally Hull, Chris Griffiths, Paul Pfeffer and Jim Cole