Dr Chris White
Reader in Theoretical Physics
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 0207 882 7979Room Number: G. O. Jones Building, Room 606
I currently teach two courses at QMUL:
- "Electric and Magnetic Fields": a first year course covering various aspects of electromagnetism and vector calculus, leading up to Maxwell's equations.
- "Collider Physics": A Masters (fourth year) course that describes how to apply quantum field theory to present-day particle accelerator experiments such as the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
My research focuses on the various theories that underly particle physics and gravity, and the relationships between them. To be more specific:
- STFC Consolidated Grant: "Amplitudes, Strings and Duality" ST/T000686/1, A Brandhuber (PI), DS Berman, M Buican, MB Green, RJF Monteiro, C Papageorgakis, MG Perry, S Ramgoolam, R Russo, G Travaglini, C White, GBP890,210 (2020-2023).
- STFC Consolidated Grant: "String Theory, Gauge Theory and Duality" ST/P000754/1, A Brandhuber (PI), DS Berman, S Ramgoolam, R Russo, M Shigemori, WJ Spence, S Thomas, G Travaglini, C Papageorgakis, C White, GBP710,337 (2017-2020).
- European Training Network "SAGEX", Scattering Amplitudes: from Geometry to Experiment, PI G Travaglini, 8 academic partner universities, ca. 4,000,000 Euro
A complete list of my publications can be found here.