The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship
About the award
Course: Any full-time, 1 year Masters programme
Value: The QHSF funds under two schemes: the full scholarship covering tuition and living expenses and the partial scholarship covering tuition only. The ceiling for tuition fees is 50,000 USD per annum.
No. of awards: Approx 20 per year
Deadline: April 15th 2021
The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation grants academic scholarships for talented and promising young Egyptian men and women to pursue master degrees abroad in all fields of study.
Eligibility criteria for application:
- Applicant must be under the age of 35.
- Must be an Egyptian national and residing in Egypt.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation.
- Is planning to pursue his/her studies at one of the top universities abroad in their discipline of choice.
- Must have been accepted at the university and program of interest.
- Applicant must submit an unconditional acceptance letter (with the exception of a funding condition).
- Excellent command of language of study. Good command of the English language.
- Involvement with activities in civic, public or international affairs (NGOs, volunteer work, etc) will be an asset.
- Must have a genuine financial need.
- Not a beneficiary of any other partial scholarship or grants (with exception to waivers from the university of choice itself).
- Upon completion of program, graduates must be committed to return to work in Egypt for a minimum of 2 years.
- Military service status must be clear (for males)
How to Apply?
You must first apply to QMUL and gain admission to the Master's programme of your choice. You can then apply to QHSF by following the instructions on their website here https://qalaascholarships.org/apply/