Talented Athlete Programme
About the award
Level: Masters, Undergraduate
No. of awards: Various
Deadline: Sunday 19th September 2021; January date TBC
The Students’ Union Talented Athlete Programme aims to support high-performing athletes who are studying for a world-class degree at Queen Mary. We will support each athlete to achieve their degree and performance goals whilst at Queen Mary.
The focus will be on athlete wellbeing and empowering athletes to steer their own dual career aspirations.
- Prioritise athlete’s wellbeing
- Support towards dual career aspirations
- Supporting athletes to get the degree result they aim for
- Support towards performance targets
- Raising awareness of the programme through BUCS points and status of athletes.
Athletes who are accepted on the programme will have access to:
- Lifestyle support meetings for Student Athletes on the programme
- Annual Gym Membership
- Athlete Kit
- Strength and Conditioning
- Collaborative work with your coaches
- Work with your academic departments (Dual career support)
- Signposting to anything we cannot support you with.
Application deadlines for 2021/22 academic year
- Sunday 19th September 2021
- January date TBC