27 February 2019
Time: 6:00 - 8:00pm
Venue: ArtsOne Lecture Theatre, ArtsOne Building, Queen Mary University Of London, London, E1 4NS
Show and Tell is back for 2019 with a series of short TED-style talks hosted by the School of English and Drama at Queen Mary University of London.
Speakers for Wednesday 27 February 2019
- Professor Jerry Brotton: Professor of Renaissance Studies and author of ‘This Orient Isle: Elizabethan England and the Islamic World’
- Nurull Islam (QMUL fellow): Mile End Community Project
- Moa Johansson: Moa Johansson’s work falls between durational performance, live art, and dance. Her performances explore and investigate theories concerning the body, time, action, and subjectivity through an intersectional, feminist and queer lens. www.mojocompany.org
- Dr Nisha Ramayya: Nisha Ramayya is a poet and lecturer in Creative Writing at Queen Mary, University of London.
- Katherine Igoe-Ewer: is the award-winning The Yard Theatre‘s producer for local projects.
Show and Tell is a new and exciting series of talks hosted by the School of English and Drama at Queen Mary University of London.
Featuring short and engaging talks from academic researchers, broadcasters, creative writers, and theatre practitioners. Show and Tell is a celebration of arts and humanities education and the creative industries for those interested in studying or working in literature, theatre, art, media, and culture more broadly.
The evening promises to be entertaining and relaxed. Speakers will each deliver a TED-style talk, and these will be followed by a chance for guests to ask questions, before the evening ends with socialising and networking over refreshments. We welcome school students, teachers, university students and applicants, and everyone else to come and hear what our speakers have to say.
Show and Tell runs on the evenings of the 6, 13, 20 and 27 February 2019, taking place between 18:00 and 20:00 at the Arts One Building on the Mile End Road of Queen Mary’s Mile End campus.
More information about the concept is here: www.blogs.sed.qmul.ac.uk/2018/04/04/show-and-tell-qmul