Dr Georgy (Gueorgui) Petrov
Senior Lecturer in Management; Director of Skills and Employer Engagement
Email: email@example.comTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 8784Room Number: Room 3.35, Francis Bancroft Building, Mile End CampusOffice Hours: Monday 4.00pm - 6.00pm
- Director of Skills and Employer Engagement
- Member of the Department of People and Organisations
Dr Georgy Petrov is Senior Lecturer in Management.
Prior to joining Queen Mary Georgy held academic positions at a number of universities, including: the Coventry University London campus, where he acted as Associate Head for Student Experience and Quality; the Kingston University Business School, where he co-founded and led a very successful post-experience Kingston MSc in International HRM programme, delivered jointly with the Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration; and the University of Exeter Centre for Leadership Studies.
Georgy holds PhD in Higher Education and Organisation Studies from the UCL Institute of Education, University of London.
- BUS157: Current Challenges in Business and Management II
- BUSM108: Leading Organisational Change
Georgy teaches on HRM, Organisational Behaviour, Leadership and Professional Development related modules.
His interests and curriculum contributions include:
- Development of student skills and employability
- Leadership and leadership development
- Distributed and ‘hybrid’ forms of leadership
- Higher Education and employer engagement in workforce development
Georgy oversees development and delivery of Employability Strategy for the School and leads on the School’s employer engagement and development of students’ employability and wider skills, both within and outside the mainstream curriculum.
- Petrov, G, Southall, J. and Bolden, R. (2016) ‘Making the ‘Third Stream’ Mainstream: Facilitating effective Higher Education – Employer engagement in workforce development’, Higher Education Review, 48(3), 75-99.
- Bolden, R. and Petrov, G. (2014), ‘Hybrid Configurations of Leadership in Higher Education-Employer Engagement’, Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 36(4), 408-417.
- Anderson, D. and Petrov, G. (2012) ‘Integrating Skills into the Curriculum: a case study in business’, In Morgan, M. (ed.) Improving the Student Experience: a practical guide for universities and colleges. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Bolden, R., Petrov, G. and Gosling, J. (2009) ‘Distributed Leadership in Higher Education: Rhetoric and reality’, Educational Management, Administration and Leadership, 37(2), 258-277.
- Bolden, R., Petrov, G., Gosling, J. and Bryman, A. (2009) ‘Leadership in Higher Education: Facts, fictions and futures’, Leadership, 5(3), 291-298.
- Gosling, J., Bolden, R. and Petrov, G. (2009) ‘Distributed Leadership in Higher Education: What does it accomplish?’, Leadership, 5(3), 299-310.
- Bolden, R., Petrov, G. and Gosling, J. (2008) ‘Tensions in Higher Education Leadership: Towards a multi-level model of leadership practice’, Higher Education Quarterly, 62(4), 358-376.
- Temple, P. and Petrov, G. (2006) ‘Corruption in Higher Education: Some findings from the states of the former Soviet Union’, Education Management and Policy, 16(1), pp. 83-99.
Research and practitioner reports
- Gourlay, S., Alfes, K., Bull, E., Baron, A., Petrov, G. and Georgellis, Y. (2011) Emotional or Transactional Engagement – does it matter? London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Gourlay, S., Alfes, K., Bull, E., Narendran, S., Petrov, G. and Shantz, A. (2011) Locus of Engagement: understanding what employees connect with at work. London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Bolden, R., Hirsh, W., Connor, H., Petrov, G. and Duquemin, A. (2010) Strategies for Effective Higher Education - Employer Engagement. Exeter: Universities South-West.
- Bolden, R., Connor, H., Duquemin, A., Hirsh, W. and Petrov, G. (2009) Employer Engagement with Higher Education: Defining, sustaining, and supporting higher skills provision. Exeter: HERDA-SW.
- Bolden, R., Petrov, G. and Gosling, J. (2008) Developing Collective Leadership in Higher Education. London: Leadership Foundation for Higher Education.
- Bolden, R. and Petrov, G. (2008) Employer Engagement with Higher Education: a literature review. Exeter: HERDA-SW.