Queen Mary University of London is offering tuition fee and maintenance support up to two undergraduate students who are asylum seekers or hold Discretionary Leave to Remain, studying on degree programmes in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Successful applicants will be awarded a full tuition fee waiver and maintenance support. The non-repayable maintenance bursary will include £1,571, the equivalent of the QMUL Bursary, and the equivalent of the student loan which most closely matches your circumstances, £7,097 for those living in a parental home, £11,002 for those living independently.
Funding will be provided for the normal duration of your course, if you need to apply for extra funding, e.g. for a course change or repeat year, your individual circumstances will be examined by the panel and a decision will be communicated to you.
To be considered for our Article 26 Bursary you must:
- be an asylum seeker, the child of an asylum seeker or hold Discretionary Leave to Remain;
- be ineligible to obtain funding from the Student Loan Company;
- have firmly accepted a place on a course in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences;
- not already hold an equivalent or higher level qualification;
- submit a complete application form with all relevant documentation by the deadline – 30 June 2017
- Visa Status Documentation
Please submit a copy of your visa status documents
- Proof of current residency
e.g. bank statement, utility bill, tenancy agreement
- Proof of date of entry to the United Kingdom
e.g. passport stamp, letter from UKVI
These documents may need to be obtained from your immigration solicitor.