Queen Mary University of London, in partnership with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan will be offering up to 36 scholarships per year to Pakistani students wishing to enrol in PhD research programmes at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL).
The scholarships will pay full overseas tuition fees and provide a stipend of £9000 to contribute towards the scholar’s living costs.
Please note that this stipend will not cover the scholar’s living costs in full and does not meet the level of financial support necessary to secure a UK visa. The scholar will therefore need to secure additional funding in order to be able to take up their studies at QMUL. For further details of the requirements set out by UK Visas and Immigration, please see – http://www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk/international/immigration/tier-4-general-student-immigration-permission#studentadvicedetailedabouttier4
The scholarships will be available for PhD study in the following academic schools at QMUL:
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- School of Business and Management
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Geography
- School of Languages Linguistics and Film
- School of Law (Law and/or Centre for Commercial Law Studies)
How to Apply
- Candidates should first of all put in an application to the HEC Pakistan under their 90% Overseas Scholarship Scheme.
This scheme has several calls for applications throughout the year, so please check their website for the details of the dates and subject criteria for each call.
QMUL are happy to support candidates with their research proposals and interested applicants should contact the relevant school.
The HEC set out their own selection criteria, assessing candidates both on their merit and the relevance of their project to the current research and development needs of Pakistan. Full details of these criteria and the application process are available on the HEC website
- Once candidates have put in an application to the HEC they should apply for PhD study at QMUL. All applications must be made online through our website. Full details of how to apply are available online.
Information on our research areas and PhD projects offered are also available online.
- Those candidates successful in their application to the HEC can expect to be notified 3-4 months after the date of their application.
For further information on the scholarships, please contact QMUL’s International Office:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 6530
Fax: +44 (0)20 7882 5556