In recognition of the important investment that overseas students are making in their education, Queen Mary are pleased to offer International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards for 2016/17. The awards are designed to reward academic excellence and help attract the brightest and best students from across the world.
The ISEEA have a value of £5,000 to successful International applicants which applies to each year of your academic study if you meet certain criteria.
International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards will be deducted directly from tuition fees payable to the College. They apply to all undergraduate taught courses (excluding those listed below) offered by the following Schools:
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- BSc Biomedical Science
- BSc Neuroscience
- BSc Pharmacology and Innovative Therapeutics
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- School of Physics and Astronomy
What level of award am I eligible for?
The level of award that you may be eligible to receive will be based on previous academic attainment. For example, to be eligible to receive the UG award of £5,000, you must have achieved grades AAA at A-Level, 36 IB points with 6,6,6 at Higher Level, or overseas equivalent. For overseas equivalents please refer to the spreadsheet below:
If the High School qualification you are taking does not appear here, please contact the International Office on email@example.com and quote your UCAS ID.
As such, the scholarships will only be confirmed with students once we have received their final High School results.
The level of award you have been offered will be communicated to you at the point of confirmation.
How do I apply?
There is no need to complete a separate application form to be considered for an International Science and Engineering Excellence Award. You will be considered for an award on the basis of the information you provide in your UCAS or online application to Queen Mary. Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification directing them to the MySiS applicant portal by the Admissions Office.
- You must be eligible to pay overseas tuition fees.
- You must not be in receipt of any other College scholarship or full-fee scholarship from any other source.
- If you are currently following the Queen Mary International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (ISEFP) and plan to continue your studies in Science and Engineering at Queen Mary you will also be considered for the ISEEA if you achieve a Distinction in your foundation programme.
- For continuing students who received a scholarship in their first year payment in subsequent years is contingent on overall academic achievement of 80% at the end of each academic year.
- Confirmation of award in years 2,3 or 4 will be provided to the Fees Office by the Faculty of Science and Engineering and will be shown on your invoice which you will receive by email in August. Final decisions rest with the Vice-Principal (Science and Engineering).
- Students who have queries regarding their academic achievement for the year should contact their School.
- Where a student experiences extenuating circumstances that affect academic performance or progress, continued receipt of an award will be considered within the College's existing extenuating circumstances procedures.