Students who have successfully completed the SSCE School Leaving Certificate with a minimum of 5 credits including English (and Mathematics for the Science and Engineering route) will be considered for entry onto our Foundation Programmes
A minimum of Grade C6 in the WAEC though some programmes may require a higher grade.
Students who have successfully completed A-Levels or the International Baccalaureate will be considered for direct entry onto our undergraduate degrees. For individual grade requirements for particular degree programmes please refer to the undergraduate study section of this website.
Applicants who have studied one or more years at a good University in Nigeria may be considered for transfer to year one of the degree for science and engineering courses, with the exception of medicine.
Taught Degrees (MSc/MA: 1 year)
For entry onto our Masters level courses students should normally have achieved an Upper Second Class Bachelors degree or equivalent from a recognised Nigerian University and a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 3.5/5.0.
For some courses, a good 2.2 Bachelors degree may be acceptable..
Research degree (MPhil/PhD: 3 years)
For entry onto our research degree courses students should normally have a Masters degree from a good university. Students are initially registered on an MPhil which subsequently leads to PhD.
Applicants are strongly advised to make initial enquiries with the potential supervisor or school prior to submitting an application.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to English language and foundation courses for different course requirements
- A minimum of Grade C6 in the WAEC though some programmes may require a higher grade
- Students with A’ levels or IB will not require IELTS or TOEFL
- Students who achieve slightly below these requirements may be admitted onto a presessional English course at Queen Mary. Please see the Entry Level Guidelines for English Language for full details.
For further information on how to apply, please refer to:
Student profiles and Alumni ambassadors
Otumba Fred Chima Jr.
- Federal Scholarship Board
- Bayelsa State Scholarship Board
- RSSDA – Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency
- Cross River State Government
- Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
- Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Board
In country representatives
Queen Mary has appointed representatives in Nigeria who can offer advice and assistance with your application to the College.
Visits to your country
Country managerMr Lee Wildman
Acting Head of International Student Recruitment
Mile End Road
Tel +44 (0)20 7882 6519
Fax +44 (0)20 7882 5556