- 21,187 students
- 1,927 EU and 7,818 international students
- 4,000 staff
- 240+ degree programmes
- More facts and figures
- Member of the Russell Group
- 9th in the UK in the Research Excellence Framework 2014
- Top 10 in the UK for highest graduate starting salaries (The Sunday Times)
- 7 Nobel Prize winners
- 3 Athena Swan Silver awards and 7 Bronze awards
- First institution to be awarded the Engage Watermark Gold Award for excellence in public engagement
We are guided by the ideal of a university as a centre for the development of fundamental ideas and the expansion of the boundaries of knowledge, independent of political and other transient opinions.
Professor Simon Gaskell, Principal
We have a rich and distinguished history in east London – we have been at our Mile End home since 1887, while St Bartholomew’s hospital was founded in 1123.
From working with local schools to advising government, we are committed to making our research count and to serving our community.