Facts and figures
- 23,120 students
- 2,093 EU and 8,197 international students
- 4,000 staff
- 240+ degree programmes
- More facts and figures
Record of excellence
- Member of the Russell Group
- 9th in the UK in the Research Excellence Framework 2014
- Top 10 in the UK for highest graduate starting salaries (The Sunday Times)
- 7 Nobel Prize winners
- 3 Athena Swan Silver awards and 7 Bronze awards
- Over 130 years of teaching excellence
- First institution to be awarded the Engage Watermark Gold Award for excellence in public engagement
We are guided by the ideal of a university as a centre for the development of fundamental ideas and the expansion of the boundaries of knowledge, independent of political and other transient opinions.
Professor Simon Gaskell, Principal
‘We have a rich and distinguished history in east London, and have been based at our home in Mile End since 1887.
From working with local schools to advising government, we are committed to making our research count and to serving our community.