Zero Tolerance

Support at Queen Mary

You don’t have to talk about what has happened, but if you would like support at Queen Mary, you have many options.

General support at Queen Mary

Your Student Support Officer: They are your first point of contact in your academic school. They can also arrange support if your studies have been affected, or will be affected, by what has happened. You can also arrange to see your personal tutor or academic adviser in your academic school.

Residential Support: If you are living in Queen Mary accommodation you can talk to the Residential Support team who are there to support all aspects of your wellbeing in halls.

Security: Queen Mary's Security team can give you one-to-one advice about personal safety on and off campus.

Appeals, Complaints and Conduct Office: They can explain Queen Mary processes to you if sexual violence has taken place on campus or involves a student or other member of the Queen Mary community. They can investigate complaints under Queen Mary's Code of Student Discipline.

Emotional and psychological support

The Advice and Counselling Service provides confidential counselling for students.

Your GP is also a source of emotional support and can refer you to NHS psychological services. If you live in Tower Hamlets you can register with the Student Health Service at Queen Mary to see a GP.

Support and advice from Queen Mary Students' Union

QMSU's Academic Advice Service provides independent, confidential advice and support about allegations of breaches of the Queen Mary Code of Student Discipline and with making a complaint under the Code. The service can also accompany you to hearings either to represent you or to provide moral support.