Zero Tolerance menu

Specialist support

These specialist services and resources are for people directly affected by sexual violence, as well as offering advice to those who are supporting people directly affected.

Immediate support

If you are at immediate risk of harm, you can call 999 for the Police or an ambulance.

You can also contact a confidential sexual assault referral centre (SARC). In London, the SARCs are called The Havens and are located across London and available 24/7. Call 020 3299 6900 and see

The Havens provide medical and emotional support services to anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted in the past 12-months. Support is available to people of any gender, gender identity or sexual orientation. If you don’t want to involve the Police, you can access their support confidentially without any police involvement. If you want to involve the Police, The Havens can help you with this.

Other support

The Havens offer follow up care to help you recover both physically and emotionally. This includes counselling, tests and treatments and support is available to people of any gender, gender identity or sexual orientation.

Rape Crisis offers a range of specialist services across the UK including Advocacy and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors and Counselling and Therapeutic services. Most Rape Crisis services describe themselves as women only.

Survivors UK offers support to men who have been affected by rape or sexual assault as an adult or by childhood sexual abuse. It is an inclusive service and welcomes anyone who identifies as male, trans, non-binary, has identified as male in the past, or anyone who feels that they are the right fit for them. Service include counselling, group support, medical advice, legal advice, support from an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor. It provides face-to-face support at its office in east London, as well as online support.

London Black Women’s Project (LBWP) is a dedicated black and minority ethnic (BME) women-only organisation providing a range of support services, including counselling and legal advice, related to all types of violence against women. LBWP is based in east London. 

My Decision is a step-by-step guide developed by the Met Police to explain all your options, whether you choose to involve the Police or not. This includes who to contact, the type of care you can receive, how evidence is collected, how to make a report, the process of an investigation and how you can control the process.

The Samaritans provides a safe (and anonymous if you prefer) space to talk 24/7. It is not a specialist sexual violence agency, but might be helpful if you just need to talk and are not sure what you want to do next. The Samaritans is a place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way, about whatever you want to. Telephone 116 123 or email

Return to top