Dr Ivana Sestak
Reader in Medical Statistics
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: Tel: +44 (0) 20 7882 3522
I am a Reader in Medical Statistics with several years’ experience in breast cancer prevention trials and project management of clinical trials. My main research interests lie in the prediction of (late) breast cancer recurrence (www.cts5-calculator.com) and how we can identify women who may benefit from treatment. The evaluation of several prognostic signatures for breast cancer has shown that they can predict recurrences in postmenopausal women and they might help clinicians in treatment decision making.
Over the past 10 years I have been the main medical statistician for several major prevention trials where we found that endocrine therapy prevents the occurrence of breast cancer in women at high risk of developing the disease. These findings have also been taken into consideration by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence to extend their guidelines in terms of endocrine drugs for the prevention of breast cancer.
- Prevention of Hormone Related Cancers
- Prevention & Screening CPTU
- Collaboration toward Joint Analysis of DCIS data
- Factors predicting late recurrence for estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer.
- Selective estrogen receptor modulators in prevention of breast cancer: an updated meta-analysis of individual participant data.
- Comparison of PAM50 risk of recurrence (ROR) score with Oncotype DX and IHC4 for predicting risk of recurrence and distant recurrence after endocrine therapy.
- Relationships between CYP2D6 phenotype, breast cancer and hot flushes in women at high risk of developing breast cancer receiving prophylactic tamoxifen: results from the IBIS-I trial.
- Weight change associated with anastrozole and tamoxifen treatment in postmenopausal women with or at high risk of developing breast cancer.
- Long-term results of tamoxifen prophylaxis for breast cancer - 96 months follow-up of the randomized IBIS-I trial.
- Effect of body mass index on recurrences in tamoxifen and anastrozole treated women: an exploratory analysis from the ATAC trial.
ExpertiseBreast cancer chemoprevention
Breast cancer epidemiology