Email: email@example.com Telephone: Tel: +44 (0) 20 7882 5949
Dunja is a Research Health Psychologist with experience of behaviour change interventions. She completed her PhD in 2014 at the Wolfson Institute and has continued to work there since, developing and conducting research on electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation, and novel weight management approaches such as intermittent fasting.
- Do e-cigarettes help smokers quit when not accompanied by intensive behavioural support?
- Health outcomes and relapse rates associated with long term use of e-cigarettes.
- Nicotine delivery and user reactions to IQOS and different types of e-cigarettes.
- Time restricted eating as a weight loss intervention in obese adults: A pilot study.
- Developmental trajectory of dual users of e-cigarettes and conventional cigarettes
- Helping Pregnant Smokers Quit: Multi-Centre RCT of electronic cigarettes vs Usual care.
- Increasing the dose of Nicotine Replacement Treatment to individual needs: A pilot study.
- Can electronic cigarettes help disadvantaged smokers who struggle to quit?
- Neets in Need: Understanding the health behaviour of young people not in education, employment or training.
- Przulj, D., Ladmore, D., Smith, K. M., Phillips-Waller, A., & Hajek, P. (2021). Time restricted eating as a weight loss intervention in adults with obesity.. PLoS One, 16(1), e0246186. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0246186
- Ford, A., Uny, I., Lowes, J., Naughton, F., Cooper, S., Coleman, T., Hajek, P., Przulj, D., Myers Smith, K., Bauld, L. and Sinclair, L., 2020. A Qualitative Study of Factors Influencing Adherence among Pregnant Women Taking Part in a Trial of E-Cigarettes for Smoking Cessation. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(2).
- Phillips-Waller, A., Przulj, D., Myers Smith, K., Pesola, F., & Hajek, P. (2020). Nicotine delivery and user reactions to Juul EU (20 mg/ml) compared with Juul US (59 mg/ml), cigarettes and other e-cigarette products. Psychopharmacology. doi:10.1007/s00213-020-05734-2
- Hajek, P., Pittaccio, K., Pesola, F., Myers Smith, K., Phillips-Waller, A., & Przulj, D. (2020). Nicotine delivery and users' reactions to Juul compared with cigarettes and other e-cigarette products. Addiction. doi:10.1111/add.14936
- Przulj, D., Hajek, P., & Phillips-Waller, A. (2019). E-Cigarettes versus Nicotine-Replacement Therapy for Smoking Cessation. Reply. The New England journal of medicine, 380(20), 1974.
- Hajek, P., Phillips-Waller, A., Przulj, D., Pesola, F., Myers Smith, K., Bisal, N., ... & Ross, L. (2019). A randomized trial of e-cigarettes versus nicotine-replacement therapy. New England Journal of Medicine.
- Hajek, P., Peerbux, S., Phillips-Waller, A., Smith, C., Pittaccio, K., & Przulj, D. (2019). Are ‘dual users’ who smoke and use e-cigarettes interested in using varenicline to stop smoking altogether, and can they benefit from it? A cohort study of UK vapers. BMJ open, 9(3), e026642.
- Przulj, D., Wehbe, L., McRobbie, H., & Hajek, P. (2018). Progressive nicotine patch dosing prior to quitting smoking: feasibility, safety and effects during the pre‐quit and post‐quit periods. Addiction.
- Hajek, P., Przulj, D., Phillips-Waller, A., Anderson, R., & McRobbie, H. (2018). Initial ratings of different types of e-cigarettes and relationships between product appeal and nicotine delivery. Psychopharmacology, 1-10.
- Przulj, D., Hajek, P., Snuggs, S., & McRobbie, H. (2017). Changes in alcohol consumption during a stop-smoking attempt and differences between smokers using nicotine replacement and smokers using varenicline. Nicotine & Tobacco Research.
- Hajek, P., Przulj, D., Phillips, A., Anderson, R., & McRobbie, H. (2017). Nicotine delivery to users from cigarettes and from different types of e-cigarettes. Psychopharmacology, 1-7.
- Przulj, D., McRobbie, H., & Hajek, P. (2016). Effects of Nicotine-Free E-Cigarettes on Urges to Smoke and Cigarette Withdrawal Symptoms: A Randomised Cross-Over Study. J Addict Res Ther, 7(259), 2.
- McRobbie, H., Phillips, A., Goniewicz, M. L., Smith, K. M., Knight-West, O., Przulj, D., & Hajek, P. (2015). Effects of Switching to Electronic Cigarettes with and without Concurrent Smoking on Exposure to Nicotine, Carbon Monoxide, and Acrolein. Cancer Prevention Research, 8(9), 873-878.
- McRobbie, H., Przulj, D., Smith, K. M., & Cornwall, D. (2015). Complementing the standard multicomponent treatment for smokers with de-nicotinised cigarettes: A Randomised trial. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, ntv122.
- Przulj, D., McRobbie, H., & Hajek, P. (2012). The Effect of Sensorimotor Replacement on Smoking Cessation and Craving. The Open Addiction Journal 5: 41-50.