Centre for Environmental and Preventive Medicine
Email: email@example.com Telephone: Tel: +44 (0) 20 7882 6274
I am Professor of Medical Statistics and Director of the National Down Syndrome Cytogenetic Register (NDSCR). I am responsible for providing national surveillance of congenital anomalies for England and Wales.
I work with EUROCAT (European Congenital Anomaly Registers) to develop methods of surveillance of congenital anomalies and with EUROMedicat to develop a European reproductive pharmacovigilance system.
My work with Professor Sir Nicholas Wald is in evaluating the effectiveness of screening strategies for many different disorders, for example heart disease (including the meta-analytic work on the "polypill"), familial hypercholesterolaemia, cystic fibrosis, fragile X syndrome, neural tube defects and Down syndrome.
Recent work includes mathematically modeling the population effect of cascade testing for a range of disorders.
- National Down Syndrome Cytogenetic Register (NDSCR)
- BINOCAR - British Isles Network of Congenital Anomaly Registers
- European Surveilance of Congenital Anomalies (EUROCAT)
- Safety of medication use in pregnancy (EUROmediCAT)
- Study of child-parent screening for familial hypercholesterolaemia
- Helicobacter Pylori Screening Study
- Preventive Angioplasty in myocardial infardction trial
- Polypill trials
- PolyPill clinical Trial
- EPICure@19 - the extremely preterm young adult
- Journal of Medical Screening
- The Evaluation of Cascade Testing for Familial Hypercholesterolaemia.
- Intrauterine exposure to carbamazepine and specific congenital malformations: systematic review and case-control study.
- Valproic acid monotherapy in pregnancy and major congenital malformations.
- The population prevalence of Down's syndrome in England and Wales in 2011.
- Assessing risk factors as potential screening tests: a simple assessment tool.
- Recurrence Risks for Trisomies 13, 18, and 21
- The maternal age specific live birth prevalence of trisomies 13 and 18 compared to trisomy 21 (Downs syndrome).
- Use of blood pressure lowering drugs in the prevention of cardiovascular disease: meta-analysis of 147 randomised trials in the context of expectations from prospective epidemiological studies .
- Recurrences of free trisomy 21: Analysis of data from the National Down Syndrome Cytogenetic Register.
- Revised estimates of the maternal age specific live birth prevalence of Down's syndrome.
View all publications