Free help to quit smoking with Waltham Forest Stop Smoking Service
Did you know that you're up to 4 times more likely to quit successfully with expert help and advice?
A free stop smoking service is available to people who live and work in Waltham Forest provided by Queen Mary University of London. This includes a free, confidential service offering advice, information and support to smokers who wish to quit smoking.
Advice and support to quit smoking is available:
Call: 020 7882 8230 / 0800 169 1943
- A 12 week plan with direct support from a trained practitioner.
- Weekly Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Champix and Zyban.
- Telephone and/or digital support.
- Covid Secure face-to-face support available at a location near you (subject to the latest local and national guidance).
- Support is available in English, Bengali, Urdu, Gujrati and Lithuanian.
Today is the best time to quit! – Lisa Gilroy
We know that it can be difficult to quit smoking, and every failed quit attempt makes it that much harder.
Lisa managed to quit thanks to her advisor Shamsia. She realised quitting on her own wasn’t working, so she sought help from her local stop smoking service and managed to quit successfully.
She’s now enjoying her leisure time going to the gym and keeping fit. Well done, Lisa!
No matter what stage you’re at in your smoking journey, it’s never too late to stop smoking…..and you’re up to four times more likely to quit successfully with support.
I’m now smoke free! – Vernon Maxwell
Vernon was referred to the stop smoking service through his GP. He knew he had to do something to give up and he was determined to do it.
Through his motivation along with his Stop Smoking Advisor, Vernon managed to successfully quit for good!
The first step is knowing you need help. Going cold turkey is not always the best option. With help and support you’re more likely to give up for good!
Other ways to find support convenient to you:
Stop Smoking London (SSL)
Stop Smoking London are here to help you on your stop smoking journey. Visit their website or call the Helpline now on 0300 123 1044.
The Helpline is available seven days a week and at the following times:
- Monday to Fridays - 9am to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday - 11am - 4pm
The SSL website is available in several languages, and all are available with the accessible “Read Aloud” option:
Stop Smoking London also provides:
- Telephone Support Service - this is a 28-day support service for London callers including pregnant smokers. You will receive calls from a specially trained advisor who can give you personalised advice and support on how to stop smoking. Simply call the SSL Helpline, 0300 123 1044 to being this journey.
- Text Messaging Service - you can receive motivational text messages which give you the information, support, and reminders that you need to successfully stop smoking for good. This remote service is also available in several languages:
Stop Smoking London is continuing to provide all their services during this time.
Other support tools to help you quit
The NHS has a variety of online tools to help you quit
NHS Smokefree app
NHS Smoke free app can help you stop smoking by providing daily support and motivation. If you stay smoke free for the 4-week programme you're up to 5 times more likely to quit for good. Plus, you can track the days you've been smoke free and see how much you're saving!
Download the app here
Daily email support
Stay focused on quitting with support sent straight to your inbox. The Smokefree emails, sent every day for 28 days, are full of advice, tips and encouragement to help you achieve your goal.
Sign up for Smokefree email support.
Social media is a great way to swap stories, experience and advice with others who are trying to quit smoking, just like you.
Join the conversation on Facebook.
Join the Smoke Free Community or sign up to their Smoke Free app.
Personal Quit Plan
You're more likely to stop smoking with the right support. Create your own Personal Quit Plan in just 3 easy steps to find the combination of support that's right for you.
Create a Personal Quit Plan