Centre for Biochemical Pharmacology
We are a multidisciplinary team composed of basic scientists and clinicians, with broad research interests covering the mechanisms of inflammation and resolution, tolerance and innate & adaptive immunity. Our scientific research spans cellular and molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, antibody engineering, chemistry and structure-function relationships, as well as bioinformatics.
The key research areas within the centre include:
- Innate immune functions and signalling pathway in phagocytes.
- Mechanisms governing leukocyte trafficking and clearance as well as resolution and repair.
- Topography of adaptive immunity during effector responses and tolerance.
- Metabolic regulation of leukocyte trafficking.
- Immune regulation in pregnancy.
- Antibody engineering platform for the development of targeted therapies against diseased tissue-specific neoepitopes.
- Role of specialized pro-resolving mediators in the maintenance of immune homeostasis and the termination of inflammation.
Additionally, the Centre has a strong and acknowledged expertise in the application of specialised techniques, including metabolic fluxometry, lipid mediator metabolomics, in vivo pharmacology, intravital microscopy and the in vitro human flow chamber.
Collectively, our centre offers an enthusiastic and supportive research environment for training PhD students and post-doctoral researchers. Many of our group members have been awarded prestigious prizes at national and international conferences, independent Fellowships and attained academic positions in highly esteemed laboratories.
Our research is published in high-impact journals such as Nature Journals, Immunity, JCI, PNAS amongst others.
We have attracted major investments from Research Councils, Charities and EU funding streams and welcome informal enquiries from talented individuals who would like to work with us.
- Professor Federica Marelli-Berg
- Dr Dianne Cooper
- Professor Mauro Perretti
- Professor Nicholas Goulding
- Professor Ahuva Nissim
- Dr Sadani Cooray
- Dr Ezra Aksoy
- Dr Paula Longhi
- Dr Lucy Norling
- Professor Jesmond Dalli
- Dr Suchita Nadkarni
Mya Nabaaka – PA/Centre Administrator
Tel: +44(0) 20 7882 8783