Visit us at our Undergraduate Open Days!
Visiting us at an Open Day is the perfect opportunity to see our campus and learn what student life is like at Queen Mary. It’s an opportunity to experience where you could be spending the next few years studying, and talk to academics and current students. So if you have an offer to study at Queen Mary or are interested in applying, we highly recommend attending!
20 May 2015
Our next Open Days are on Friday, 26 June and Saturday, 27 June 2015 from 9:30am-4:00pm where we will be providing students with a range of activities such as:
- General subject talks from academics of our Schools and Departments: Listen to what modules are offered, what material you will be taught, or have a sample lecture on a subject!
- Tours of the campus and accommodation: Our student ambassadors will take you around the campus and student village and point out the best places to grab a coffee, study, and meet up with friends. You’ll also have a tour of our residence facilities
- Academic welcome areas: Where you will have a chance to talk to current students and staff from our academic schools and departments. There will also be several cool demos taking place throughout the day (such as the School of Engineering and Material Science's wind tunnel and flight simulator), so be sure to visit the different departments!
- Student Support Fair: Featuring Advice and Counselling, Careers and Enterprise, Disability and Dyslexia, and IT Services. The Students’ Union will also be about and various societies, such as Fencing, Music and Netball, will be around to tell you about opportunities to get involved outside of your academic programmes
- Slow motion camera booth: We want to hear about your experience at the Open Day so we’ll be setting up a camera booth to ask you some questions!
- Food! Of course there will be BBQs, ice cream and other tasty treats
- Rock Climbing Wall: If this wasn’t enough, we’ll also have a rock-climbing wall in Library Square where we’re holding a competition with prizes to be won!
- Social Media: Finally, we’ll be posting throughout the day via social media using the hashtag #QMULSelfie so please take a lot of pictures and tweet us at @QMUL, and post to Instagram @officialqmul
© QMUL flickr
Excited? Please register for either date, where you have flexibility to attend in the morning (9:30-12:30) or afternoon (12:30-4:00pm). All talks and activities are on a first-come, first-serve basis, so we suggest showing up early! There will be several talks throughout the day, so you have many opportunities to attend.
If you can’t make it to either Open Day, the UK Student Recruitment team offers campus tours throughout the year and these can be booked online.
We look forward to welcoming you!
- Carolyn Minaudo is a final year student at Queen Mary, studying an accelerated two-year Law degree. Originally from Toronto, she also has a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature and Political Science from Queen’s University in Canada. Carolyn came to London for the first time to begin studying at QMUL and hopes through sharing her student experience you’ll be inspired to join her!