Our Top 5 Halloween Events in London!
With Halloween around the corner and festivities well under way, we thought we’d produce a guide to fill you in on some fun events happening throughout the city.
29 October 2015
1) Pumpkin Carving is a Halloween tradition enjoyed by people of all ages and sure enough events have been catered to the adult crowd. Drink, Shop & Do by King’s Cross are having pumpkin carving sessions all week. Tickets are £10 and they advise you book in advance.
2) If you’re looking for something a little less traditional, why not check out the Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens Fire Festival. This free event taking place on Halloween evening features fire performers, fireworks display and a fire magic show. And it’s rated by Time Out as the number one Halloween event in London, so sounds like it’ll be worthwhile!
3) The London Bridge Tombs are a fright any night, but around Halloween they’ll be hosting Phobophobia, an interactive Halloween show focusing on a family called The Freaks. If their disclaimer - ‘If you are a big baby and easily offended, its probably best you don’t come here’ - doesn’t scare you off, then it should be good fun!
4) Visit a spooky London location. Time Out has put together a few ideas and if you’re feeling brave, take a walk through with some friends. Kensington Palace is also offering Eerie Evening Tours where you’ll explore 300 years of spooky secrets.
5) If you’re looking to stay traditional and dress up, there is no shortage of club events throughout the city. Designmynight seems to have grouped them all together, so have a browse to find one near you. And if you’re looking for some last minute costume ideas, fear not, Buzzfeed have you covered.
- Carolyn Minaudo is a final year student at Queen Mary, studying an accelerated two-year Law degree. Originally from Toronto, she also has a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature and Political Science from Queen’s University in Canada. Carolyn came to London for the first time to begin studying at QMUL and hopes through sharing her student experience you’ll be inspired to join her!