We invite applications for a number of prestigious early and advanced personal fellowships.
A number of our current staff held such fellowships here or elsewhere prior to or during appointment:
- EPSRC (D. Berman, W. Spence, G. Travaglini)
- STFC/PPARC (S. Ramgoolam)
- Royal Society (M. Buican, R. Monteiro, C. Papageorgakis, S. Thomas)
Please contact members of staff directly with expressions of interest or Prof. Andreas Brandhuber for general enquiries, with a 3 page research summary by the dates below
Royal Society Fellowships (internal deadline 2/7/2018)
The Royal Society offers a number of prestigious Fellowships under three different programmes:
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships, which are tenable for 5 years and renewable up to 8 years. These are mainly for outstanding researchers at an advanced postdoctoral level
- Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships, mainly designed for people who need flexible working patterns due to personal commitments. These are tenable for 5 years
- Newton International Fellowships, 2-year fellowships for non-UK outstanding researchers at an early stage of their career
European Commission Fellowships (internal deadline 2/7/2018)
The European Union offers a number of prestigious Fellowships under the Horizon 2020 programme, specifically:
- ERC Starting grants, 5-year positions for researcher leaders with 2-7 years of postdoctoral experience who wish to start or consolidate their research
- ERC Consolidator grants, 5-year positions for established researchers with 7-12 years of postdoctoral experience (Winter 2018 internal deadline)
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie individual fellowships, 2-year positions with a "mobility rule"
STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellowships (internal deadline 2/7/2018)
The STFC award a small number of 5-year Ernest Rutherford Fellowships: STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellowships.
These awards are very competitive and we can only put forward 1-2 applicants per round, which are decided as per the deadlines above.
Other funding opportunities supported by the STFC can be found at the link: STFC Fellowships.
EPSRC Fellowships (rolling deadline)
The EPSRC processes fellowship applications at all levels on a rolling basis and in priority areas which change regularly.
More information on these funding opportunities can be found at the link: EPSRC Fellowships.
Other Funding Opportunities
There are other opportunities for postdoctoral research funding at Queen Mary. These include:
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Fellowships, 3-year fellowships, for early career researchers; subject to annual renewal.
- Boncompagni-Ludovisi Fellowships, for italian or swedish researchers.
- Della Riccia Fellowships, for italian citizens.
- L'Oréal Fellowships, for women in science.