Miss Sophia Goldberg
Email: email@example.comTelephone: 0207 882 3431Room Number: G. O. Jones Building, Room 502
I have experience teaching at schools and at undergraduate level.
- Winter 2010 - present: Privately tutor mathematics at all levels.
- Summer 2011: Worked as an assistant mathematics teacher and taught all levels from ages 11-18 in at Gunnersbury Catholic school, through the government funded Students Associates Scheme.
- Semester A 2013: Taught undergraduate mathematics tutorials, Calculus I.
- Semester B 2014: Taught undergraduate mathematics tutorials, Introduction to Algebra.
- Semester B: 2014: Taught undergraduate mathematics revision classes.
My research interests
I work in Theoretical Cosmology, the study of how the universe came to be and evolved to its current state.
I'm working with Dr Timothy Clifton and Dr Karim Malik on the application of a two-parameter perturbation theory to describe structure on cosmological scales at late times - this includes structure like galaxies and clusters. The correct application of General Relativity to Large-Scale Structure (LSS) is increasingly important with increasing observational precision. It is also important when comparing different theories of gravity to observational data.
I also have an interest in complexity science. I worked with Dr Tim Evans during my master's and EPSRC funded summer project on accurately modeling citation networks - the network of scientists connected via references to one another. This is motivated by understanding whether 'good' publications gain the most citations.
For more on my research interests and involvement in outreach see my personal website.
- S. R. Goldberg, T. Clifton & K. A. Malik, Cosmology on all scales: a two-parameter perturbation expansion (2016)
- T. S. Evans & S. R. Goldberg, Do We Need Global and Local Knowledge of the Citation Network?, Proceedings of ISSI 2015 Istanbul: 15th International Society of Scientometrics and Informetrics Conference, 282-283 (2015).
- S. R. Goldberg, H. Anthony & T. S. Evans, Modelling citation networks, Scientometrics, vol. 105, (3) 1577-1604 (2015) 10.1007/s11192-015-1737-9
- Poster at complexity conference: presented with collaborators at the International Conference of Complexity in Brussels (2012).
- Poster at Queen Mary University of London: presented poster on current research on Large-Scale Structure formation (2013).
- Seminar QMUL (2012, 2014 & 2016).
- Poster presented by collaborator The Formation of the Citation Network from Global and Local Knowledge (2015).