Policy and procedure documentation
Please note that you may need to identify through IDcheck to access some of these policy document, but there is some information on specific Physics and Astronomy schemes below under 'Diversity good practice'.
- University Induction and Probation schemes.
- University policy on appraisals and promotions.
- University policy on sabbatical leave.
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies.
- SPA Parental Leave Plus policy.
- University policy on flexible working.
- SPA workload model.
- SPA sabattical information.
- QMUL Women's mentoring scheme
- QMUL PhD holiday and maternity entitlements:
In the Code of Practice for Research Students:
32. All students should agree their holiday periods with their primary supervisor. For full-time students the annual holiday entitlement is 30 working days plus the eight UK public holidays and the four QMUL closure days. Holiday entitlement is pro rata for part-time students and for parts of a year. Students working in collaboration with non-academic partners are expected to bear in mind their obligations to those res.
In the Academic Regulations for Research Degree Programmes:
2.82. A student may interrupt their registration on the grounds of primary carer leave for up to one year per child. This may cover pregnancy and related illnesses, and/or caring responsibilities. Periods of interruption for primary carer leave shall not count towards the maximum of two years permitted for interruption, but in all other respects the standard interruption procedures shall apply. Secondary carers wishing to take an extended period of leave shall do so under the standard interruption procedures.