Please let the EDI committee know if you attend any of these events as we would love to hear your feedback!
- 12th December - Women's Higher Education Network (WHEN) forum event. More info at this link.
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE@QM) networking event:
27th November - between 11am and 1pm in the mushroom, Blizard Institute (Whitechapel)
28th November - between 11am and 1pm 7th Floor Common Room in the Graduate Centre (Mile End Campus)
- 8th November - Angela Saini will be visiting QMUL as part of her 'Inferior' book tour. More info at this link
- 13th October - Celebrating Diversity - Joint Wine and Cheese event with the School of Mathematical Sciences 15:00-17:00 at the Senior Common Room
- 11th October - Screening of Hidden Figures Movie by WISE@QMUL (5pm Arts One lecture theatre - just turn up)
- 2nd October - Oval House talk by Linda Cremonesi, former QMUL grad student.
- Women in Physics London, took place on the 31st of March 2017 at KCL, with a contribution from QMUL's Dr Marcella Bona.
- The IoP 2017 report on "Improving Gender Balance - Reflections on the impact on interventions at schools" is out and available here.
- WISE@QMUL organised the "International Women's Day Celebration" event on the 8th of March 2017
- Women in Physics Day, 9th March 2015, University of Portsmouth: Graduate students can sign up via this link and JUNO will cover any travel expenses.
- Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics, 19th-22nd March 2015. JUNO will sponsor 2 undergraduate students to attend this event - for more information see this link
- 2014-11-25: JUNO Champion, IoP team visit
- School of Physis Unconscious Bias Training session, 19th July.
- Averil MacDonald, the SEPnet Diversity and Impact Lead gave a group of 23 members of SPA a 2 hour session on unconscious bias, which led to some interesting discussions about possible actions we could think about in the school. Apparently this was the biggest group Averil has trained so far. Thank you everybody for participating.
- IoP lecture: Being different can be good: A female physicist looks at the interface of physics with the life sciences Part of Opportunity Physics 2014 public lecture series, Thursday 24 July 2014 A public lecture by Professor Dame Athene Donald DBE FRS InstP Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge
- Could do better. QMUL's cross-institutional postgraduate conference on race in British universities, Monday 8th September, 2014
- A Westminster policy briefing Gender and STEM: Where Next for Universities?
- Royal Society Diversity Day at the Royal Society.