- The Equality Challenge Unit website with useful diversity resources and information on Athena Swan
- The Institute of Physics report on Academic Physics Staff in UK Higher Education. updated with data 2011/12
- The 2012 Institute of Physics report on Physics Students in UK Higer Education.
- The QMUL Diversity Website contains a number of useful links to various forums and groups, diversity documentation and also training opportunities.
- General information about working at Queen Mary including benefits and staff development opportunitues.
- Link to the QMUL's Athena Swan charter.
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) at QMUL.
- Working Parents and Carers Group on QMplus. Information on how to sign up.
Grants and Funds
- Institute of Physics Benevlolent Fund
- Institute of Physics Carers' Fund Grant Applications (open all year round)
- Royal Society Rosalind Franklin Award This award is made to support the promotion of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Royal Society Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship for outstanding scientists in the UK at an early stage of their research career who require a flexible working pattern due to personal circumstances such as parenting or caring responsibilities or health issues.
- L'Oreal Women In Science Award recognises the achievements and contributions of exceptional females across the globe, by awarding promising scientists with Fellowships to help further their research.
- Daphne Jackson Trust Fellowships a unique fellowship designed to return STEM professionals to their careers after a break. Fellows normally carry out their research part-time over 2 years, in a university or research establishment in the UK. The Fellowships are flexible and include a tailored training programme designed to update skills and knowledge and support you in your return to research.