Your QM Education
- you prepare for a degree in Law at a Russell Group university
- you attend seminars and lectures given by our brilliant teaching team, all highly qualified and experienced members of QMUL staff
- you receive personal attention and support to achieve your full potential; external examiners consistently highlight the excellent standards in teaching and support
- you develop a range of skills that will serve you well in your future studies in Law, including critical thinking and debating
Compulsory : English Language and Study Skills, Twentieth Century History I : 1900-1945, Introduction to Politics
Optional: choose ONE from: Introduction to Business and Management, Introduction to Film Studies, Introduction to Human Geography I, or Introduction to English Literature
Compulsory : Independent Study Project, Twentieth Century History II : 1945 - 1990, Introduction to International Relations
Optional : choose ONE from: Management, European and American Art Cinema, The Human Geography of London, or Introduction to American Literature
Revision week and exam period.
For further details on module content, click here.
Your QM Experience
- as an IFP student at Queen Mary, you will be a full member of both QMUL and the University of London.
- you are guaranteed accommodation on our Mile End campus*; live within the heart of our friendly and vibrant campus
- you will experience a truly diverse international programme on a truly diverse international campus, surrounded by all the wonderful opportunities that London has to offer
- QMUL PROGESSION: if you achieve an average grade of 70 in your second semester modules, you can progress to the prestigious School of Law at QMUL; progression to the School of Law at QMUL depends only upon your IFP grades – you will not be judged on external tests like LNAT
- Eight destination degrees are available at Queen Mary, covering a range of specialisms and subject combinations; click here for more detail
- The School of Law at Queen Mary is ranked first in London and third in the UK by the Guardian University Guide 2018, behind only Oxford and Cambridge.
- Universities throughout the UK welcome applications from students on the IFP for Law, and excellent support is provided for any applications to other institutions; in recent years our students have gone on to study Law at UCL, King’s College London, SOAS, City University, Royal Holloway University of London.