Your QM Education
you prepare for a degree in History at a Russell Group university
you attend seminars and lectures given by our brilliant teaching team, all highly qualified and experienced members of QMUL staff
you receive personal attention and support to achieve your full potential; external examiners consistently highlight the excellent standards in teaching and support
Compulsory : English Language and Study Skills, Twentieth Century History I : 1900-1945
Optional: choose TWO from: Introduction to Business and Management, Introduction to Film Studies, Introduction to Human Geography I, Liberal Arts I : the Making of the Modern World, Introduction to English Literature, Introduction to Politics, Microeconomics*, Pure Mathematics for Economics, French Language and Culture, Spanish Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture
Compulsory : Independent Study Project, Twentieth Century History II : 1945 - 1990, Introduction to International Relations
Optional : choose ONE from: Management, European and American Art Cinema, The Human Geography of London, Liberal Arts II : the Making of Modern Britain, Introduction to American Literature, Introduction to International Relations, Macroeconomics*, Statistics for Economics, French Language and Culture, Spanish Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture
Revision week and exam period.
For further details on module content, click here.
Your QM Experience
- as an IFP student at Queen Mary, you will be a full member of both QMUL and the University of London
- you are guaranteed accommodation on our Mile End campus**; live within the heart of our friendly and vibrant campus
- you will experience a truly diverse international programme on a truly diverse international campus, surrounded by all the wonderful opportunities that London has to offer
- QMUL PROGRESSION: if you achieve an average grade of 60 in your second semester modules with 65 in History, you can progress to the prestigious School of History at QMUL
- QMUL offers BA degrees in History, Medieval History, and Modern and Contemporary History - click here for more details
- The School of History at Queen Mary is highly ranked for research and for teaching quality. The school prides itself on being one of the largest, friendliest and most distinguished history departments in the country
- universities throughout the UK welcome applications from students on the IFP for History, and excellent support is provided for any applications to other institutions; in recent years our students have gone on to study History and related subjects at King’s College London, SOAS, Royal Holloway University of London.