Your QM Education
you prepare for a degree in Economics and Finance at a Russell Group university
you attend seminars and lectures given by our brilliant teaching team, all highly qualified and experienced members of QMUL staff
you receive personal attention and support to achieve your full potential; external examiners consistently highlight the excellent standards in teaching and support
Compulsory : English Language and Study Skills, Microeconomics, Pure Mathematics for Economics
Optional: choose ONE from: Introduction to Business and Management, Introduction to Politics, Introduction to Film Studies, Introduction to Human Geography I, Liberal Arts I : the Making of the Modern World, Introduction to English Literature, Twentieth Century History I : 1900-1945, French Language and Culture, Spanish Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture
Compulsory : Independent Study Project, Macroeconomics, Statistics for Economics,
Optional : choose ONE from: Management, European and American Art Cinema, The Human Geography of London, Liberal Arts II : the Making of Modern Britain, Introduction to American Literature, Twentieth Century History II : 1945 - 1990, Introduction to International Relations, French Language and Culture, Spanish Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture
Revision week and exam period.
- QMUL PROGRESSION: if you achieve an overall grade of 70, with at least 75 in all Maths and Economics modules and at least 55 in English, you can progress to any of the undergraduate degrees offered by the prestigious School of Economics and Finance at Queen Mary (2nd in London, top 15 in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2018). Click here for more details of all Economics and Finance degrees offered at QMUL.
- both QMUL Economics and Finance are ranked first in London and top four among Russell Group universities (National Student Survey 2017)
- Professional Body Accreditation: Investment Management Certificate (IMC) accreditation from the Chartered Financial Analyst Society UK (CFA) for BSc Economics and Finance, BSc Economics, Finance and Management, BSc Economics and International Finance and BSC Economics and Finance with a year in Industry.
Your QM Experience
- as an IFP student at Queen Mary, you will be a full member of both QMUL and the University of London
- you are guaranteed accommodation on our Mile End campus**; live within the heart of our friendly and vibrant campus
- you will experience a truly diverse international programme on a truly diverse international campus, surrounded by all the wonderful opportunities that London has to offer