27 May 2022
Time: 12:30 - 1:30pm
Queen Mary University of London has a longstanding commitment to Pakistan. It was among the first UK universities to establish personnel in Pakistan, creating an in-country post in 2005. It is also the number one recruiter from Pakistan in the prestigious Russell Group of UK universities, with more than 2,500 Pakistani students having studied at Queen Mary in the past five years.
In July 2021 Queen Mary signed two memoranda of understanding: one with Rotary Pakistan for wider policy and impact engagement across the disciplines, the other with the English Speaking Union of Pakistan to boost education and research.
Queen Mary’s agreement with the English Speaking Union of Pakistan draws on our collective expertise in English language, oracy skills and accessible legal language.
Join us for this event which will explore Queen Mary’s collaboration with the English Speaking Union (ESU) and the British Council, showcase the work of ESU and Queen Mary in areas such as Pre-Sessional English Programmes, our wider language and linguistic expertise, the Queen Mary Legal Advice Centre and our expertise in legal language.
Attendees from Pakistan and potential applicants to Queen Mary’s Pre-Sessional Programmes are particularly welcome.
- Co-Chair: Professor Colin Grant – Vice-Principal (International), Queen Mary University of London.
- Co-Chair: Mr Aziz Memon – Trustee, The Rotary Foundation (2020-24), Pakistan National Polio Plus Committee Chairman, Chairman of the Kings Group of Companies.
- Afshan Lalani – Dawn Group of Newspapers and ESU Pakistan.
- Karen Watton – Director, qLegal.
- Fiona Robertson – English Lead, British Council Pakistan.
- Kathryn Richardson - Chair/Director of the Language Centre, School of Languages, Linguistics and Film, Queen Mary University of London.