Francesco Fasani is a Research Affiliate at CEPR (Centre for Economic Policy Research) and a Research Fellow at CReAM (Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration) and IZA (Institute for the Study of Labor).
Francesco Fasani is an applied labour economist mostly interested in the economic analysis of migration and of crime. His research focuses on migration policies, undocumented migration, internal migration in developing countries, the relationship between migration and crime and the impact of local crime exposure on residents' wellbeing.
He received his Ph.D. in Economics at UCL (University College London) in 2011. In 2010-2013, he was Postdoctoral Researcher at the Institute for Economic Analysis (IAE-CSIC) in Barcelona and Affiliated Professor at the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (GSE).
- Fasani F., Tommaso F., Minale L. "(The Struggle for) Refugee Integration into the Labour Market: Evidence from Europe", Journal of Economic Geography, (forthcoming)
- Fasani F., Frattini T., Minale L. "Lift the Ban? Initial Employment Restrictions and Refugee Labour Market Outcomes", Journal of Europeam Economic Association (forthcoming)
- Dustmann C., Fasani F., Meng X., Minale L. (2020) "Risk Attitudes and Household Migration Decisions", Journal of Human Resources
- Fasani F. (2018) "Immigrant crime and legal status: evidence from repeated amnesty programs," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 887-914
- Fasani F., Frattini T., Devillanova C. (2018) "Employment of Undocumented Immigrants and the Prospect of Legal Status: Evidence from an Amnesty Program" Industrial and Labor Relations Review, vol. 71(4), pages 853-881
- Dustmann C., Fasani F., Frattini T., Minale L., Schoenberg U. (2017) "On The Economics and Politics of Refugee Migration", Economic Policy, vol. 32(91), pages 497-550
- Dustmann C., Fasani F., Speciale B. (2017) "Illegal migration and consumption behavior of immigrant households", Journal of European Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 654-691
- Dustmann C., Fasani F. (2016) "The Effect of Local Area Crime on Mental Health", Economic Journal Volume 126 (593), pp 978-1017
- Farré L., Fasani F. (2013) "Media Exposure and Internal Migration: Evidence from Indonesia", Journal of Development Economics, Volume 102, Pages 48–61
- Bell B., Fasani F., Machin S. (2013) "Crime and Immigration: Evidence from Large Immigrant Waves in the UK", Review of Economics and Statistics, Volume 95, No. 4, pp 1278-1290
Francesco Fasani’s research has been featured on: The Economist, The Observer and major Italian and Spanish newspapers (Corriere della Sera, il Sole 24 ORE, la Repubblica, Lavanguardia, etc.).