British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme 2020-21
Early career researchers seeking support for their application to the British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme are invited to get in contact with us as soon as possible. Deadline for applications: Friday 11 September 2020
The School of Economics and Finance invites early career researchers seeking support for their application to the British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme to get in touch by submitting:
- an explanation of the reason(s) for your choice of Queen Mary as the host institution (150 words maximum)
- an outline of your proposed programme of research (1,500 words maximum)
- details of your planned research outputs, e.g. journal article(s), digital resources, other (please specify) (300 words maximum)
- a list of existing publications (1-page maximum)
- a CV (2 pages’ maximum)
Please submit the above documents to Alex Nowosiad, Research Manager, by no later than Friday 11 September 2020. Please state ‘British Academy PDRF’ in the subject line.
Your application should demonstrate:
- that you are eligible according to the BA’s criteria (please note that applicants who have previously applied and have not been successful are not eligible to re-apply unless specifically invited to do so the BA)
- the excellence of
- your research track record;
- your academic record;
- the publishable research you propose, how you will structure, pursue, and complete it in the time frame, and its importance;
- the relevance of QMUL SEF to your research and vice versa;
- who you would like as a mentor and why.
You are strongly encouraged, before submitting your application and time permitting, to find a mentor, provisionally agree their support, and get some feedback from them on a draft application.
Full scheme details can be found on the British Academy website.
All outline proposals will be considered by our Research Committee and those that we give institutional support to will have approximately one month to finalise their online application, due on 14 October 2020 at 5pm BST.