Example Year Planner (January 2022)
This example year planner outlines the structure and key periods of assessment for January entry one-year MSc programmes. Precise dates to be confirmed soon.
Please note: information on this page is subject to change.
12 Month Programme/Module Structure
|Semester A||Semester B|
45 credit Dissertation
Elective Modules - Subject to change - depending on student numbers
3 x 15-credit electives
Enrolment and pre-sessionals - January 2022
- College enrolment will normally take place on January 2022 (exact date tbc) - Information on enrolment procedures will be sent to you by Academic Registry.
- Induction events and pre-sessional maths and statistic classes will be held over a one-week period from Monday - Friday in January 2022 (exact dates tbc).
- A draft programme of induction events will be available on a special Induction section of the website later in the summer
Teaching Period: January - April 2022 (12 weeks - exact dates tbc)
- January 2022: Start of your first teaching period. During this period, you will be attending lectures and tutorials.
- March 2022: Reading week
- April 2022: Semester ends.
3-week study break
- May 2 weeks: Examinations for modules in the first semester.
Teaching Period: May – August 2022 – (12 weeks - exact dates tbc)
- 24 May 2022: Start of second period of teaching. During this period, you will be attending lectures and tutorials
- July: Reading week
- August 2022: Semester ends.
2 week study break
- August - September: Examinations for modules in the first semester
Writing Up Period: September - December 2022 (exact dates tbc)
During this period, you will have up to four meetings with both supervisors and Teaching Assistants.
- November (exact dates TBC): resit period for students needing to resit an exam from either teaching period.
- December 2022: Dissertation submission
- Summer 2023: Graduation ceremonies. Many MSc students return to Queen Mary University of London for a graduation ceremony to celebrate their achievement with family and friends.