Why study at SEF?
The School of Economics and Finance is recognised as one of the UK’s top departments.
Record of Excellence
- 10th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- MSc Investment and Finance ranked in top 20 for getting a job in hedge funds, private equity and asset management, eFinancialCareers
- 4th in London for Economics in Complete University Guide 2020
- 3rd in London for Economics among Russell Group Universities in the Sunday Times University Guide 2019
- 3rd in London among Russell Group Universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- 90.1% of SEF* students are in work or study 6 months after graduation (DLHE 2016/17)
- Our faculty members are distinguished research economists and recognised experts in their fields, who publish in the profession's most influential journals and advise major institutions such as the Bank of England.
- We have a well-established reputation for providing high quality teaching, with invaluable contributions from respected City practitioners and industry experts bringing practical insights into the classroom.