MSc Year Planner January 2020-21 Accelerated programme
- Banking and Finance
- Finance (including CFA pathway)
- Behavioural Finance (including CFA pathway)
This example year planner outlines the structure and key periods of assessment for January entry accelerated MSc programmes.
As this is an accelerated programme, the workload will be greater than the full-time 1-year programme with reduced study breaks and may not be suitable for everyone. You will take and extra module in each of the teaching periods and a shorter dissertation than the standard 12-month programme in order to finish in September.
It is our expectation that social distancing requirements will ease significantly after January 2021. If that were to happen, we will deliver all educational activities face-to-face between January and the end of your programme.
Please note: information on this page is subject to change.
Enrolment and pre-sessionals - 18-22 January 2021
- College enrolment will normally take place on 18 January 2021 - Information on enrolment procedures will be sent to you by Academic Registry
- Induction events and pre-sessional maths and statistic classes will be held over a one-week period from Monday 18 - Friday 22 January 2021
- A draft programme of induction events will be available on a special Induction section of the website later in the summer
Teaching Period: 25 January - 16 April 2021
- 25 January 2021: Start of your first teaching period. During this period, you will be attending lectures and tutorials
- 8-12 March 2021: Reading week
- 16 April 2020: Semester ends
3-week study break
- 10 May -21 May – 2 weeks: Examinations for modules in the first semester.
Teaching Period: 24 May – 18 September 2021
- 24 May 2021 – 13 August 2021: Second period of teaching. During this period, you will be attending lectures and tutorials
- 24 May 2021 (CFA Pathway students Only): CFA Training
- 5 – 9 July: Reading week
- 13 August 2021: Semester ends.
2-week study break
- 30 August - 10 September: Examinations for modules in the first semester
Writing Up Period: 10 September - 17 December 2021
- 18 September: Dissertation Submission
- November (exact dates TBC): resit period only for students needing to resit an exam from either teaching period
- December (exact dates TBC): Graduation ceremonies