In our research at the Department of English, Queen Mary University of London, we aim:
- To continue to develop areas where our research has been especially distinctive, at the highest level of international excellence.
- To embed English studies research in an interdisciplinary humanities context.
- To promote work across sub-disciplines within English studies, especially collaborations between researchers.
- To remain committed to lesser-studied but distinctive aspects of the discipline.
- To promote and encourage research-led teaching in the curriculum.
- To encourage renewal of the research of the discipline.
- To provide departmental support structures for research.
- To engage with users of our research in academia, education, and commercial and media enterprises, based on our distinctive view of English research.