The DeepMind Scholarships 2021-22
About the award
Course: MSc in Artificial Intelligence (FT); MSc in Computer Science (FT); MSc in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (FT)
Value: Each DeepMind Scholarship will cover home tuition fees of £11,250, a living allowance of £15,480, an annual £2,000 travel scholarship and a one-off equipment grant of £1,500.
No. of awards: 5
Deadline: 3 September 2021
The DeepMind Scholarships at Queen Mary University of London is a programme to support and encourage underrepresented groups to pursue postgraduate education in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Computer Science.
The scholarships are for female and/or black students as these students are currently underrepresented in these areas of study. 5 scholarships are available in 2021-2022 for students who wish to study on the following programmes:
To be eligible to apply for a DeepMind Scholarship you must:
1. Be a UK/EU student ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and be eligible to pay UK student fees.
2. Identify as female and/or have one of the following categories of ethnicity: Black African; Black Caribbean; Black Other; Mixed – White and Black Caribbean; Mixed – White and Black African; or Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other).
3. Have a confirmed offer to study on one of the following programmes in September 2021: MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), MSc Computer Science (FT), and MSc in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (FT) at Queen Mary University of London.
How do I apply?
1. First of all, check your eligibility to apply. The panel will not consider any applications that do not meet eligibility criteria, and awards may be withdrawn if applicants are later found not to have met eligibility criteria or to have provided false information.
2. Please download, complete and submit the application form to email@example.com. The application form is available to download here: 2021_The DeepMind MSc Scholarship Application Form [DOC 194KB].
3. To complete your application, you will need to provide:
- A copy of your offer letter to study on one of the following programmes at Queen Mary: MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Full Time), MSc Computer Science (FT), or MSc in Machine Learning for Visual Data Analytics (FT).
- A completed application form, including a short statement of no more than 500 words detailing why you should be considered for the award and what motivated your interest in this area of study at Queen Mary University of London.
A selection panel will shortlist applications and take a final decision on which five students will receive the award. Applicants will receive notification of the outcome by 13 September 2021.
For more information about the DeepMind Scholarships visit: http://eecs.qmul.ac.uk/ioc/scholarships/deepmind-scholarships-/
The closing date for applications is 3 September 2021.
Queries relating to the DeepMind Scholarships can be addressed to the Institute of Coding at Queen Mary, University of London at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that the scholarship cannot be deferred.