Science & Engineering Realising Opportunities Scholarships (UG)
About the award
Course: Undergraduate degrees taught within the Faculty of Science and Engineering (please see the exceptions below)
No. of awards: 5
Deadline: 29th April 2022
The Science & Engineering Realising Opportunities Scholarships are for students who will have completed the Realising Opportunities programme by August 2021. This is intended to support applicants who have completed this programme, including many coming from areas that have a low participation in higher education or from backgrounds lacking social or financial privilege.
The Scholarship is a one-off award in the first year of the undergraduate programme. The Scholarship is worth £3,000, and will be paid directly into the student’s bank account.
How do I apply?
Applications are now open for the Science & Engineering Realising Opportunities Scholarship and can be found here. Students will be considered for an award on the basis of the information they provide in their online application form. Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification from the Science and Engineering Faculty Office.
Requests for supporting evidence may be made to enhance your application. If further documentation is required you will be contacted via email between the 11th and 15th May. You will be given a deadline to provide the documentation. If this is not provided by the deadline your application will be withdrawn.
Scholarship applicants will be notified of the outcome of the application by 30th June.
- Students must be eligible to pay Home tuition fees as assessed by Student Finance England or equivalent funding body;
- Students must be paying full tuition fees (i.e. not in receipt of another scholarship);
- Students must be enrolling in year 1 (i.e. transfers into year 2 or advanced entry are not eligible);
- This is a one-off payment in your first year. You must be able to finance the remainder of your tuition fees and living expenses;
- Students must select Queen Mary as Firm Choice on UCAS;
- Students must be a first time entrant to Queen Mary;
- Students must have completed the Realising Opportunities programme by August 2021;
- Students must complete an application form (accessible on this page once applications open).
- Reside in a POLAR4 Quintile 1 postcode or reside in an area with high deprivation (defined as IMD Quintile 1 or 2);
Some course are partly taught in the Faculty of Science and Engineering and partly taught in other Schools.
The following jointly-taught courses are not eligible for the Science & Engineering Realising Opportunities Scholarship:
- BSc(Eng) Telecommunications Engineering with Management -BUPT
- BSc(Eng) e-Commerce Engineering with Law -BUPT
- BSc(Eng) Internet of Things Engineering -BUPT
- BSc Computer Science with Management (ITMB)
- BSc Biomedical Sciences (with Nanchang)
- BSc Mathematics with Finance and Accounting
- BSc Maths, Stats and Financial Economics
- BSc Mathematics with Management
- BEng Mechanical Engineering with Management
- BEng Aerospace Engineering with Management
- BEng Biomedical Engineering with Management
- BSc Neuroscience
- BSc Pharmacology and Innovative Therapeutics
- BSc Biomedical Sciences