Science & Engineering Extra Mural Year Scholarships (UG)
About the award
Course: Undergraduate courses in the Faculty of Science & Engineering (please see exceptions below)
No. of awards: 5
Deadline: 30th April 2021
The Science & Engineering Extra Mural Year Scholarships are to support students with a low household income to take the extra mural year in industry. All Home fee paying students studying in the Faculty of Science and Engineering are eligible. The scholarship will cover the full cost of the extramural fee in the academic year that the industrial practice is undertaken (normally year 3 of the academic programme).
This is a one-off award during your Extra Mural placement between your 2nd and 3rd years covering your fees for the extra mural year in Industry.
How do I apply?
You will need to complete a separate application form to be considered for a Science & Engineering Extra Mural Year Scholarship - the application can be found here. Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification from the Science and Engineering Faculty Office.
- Students must be eligible to pay Home tuition fees;
- Students must be paying full tuition fees (i.e. not in receipt of another scholarship);
- Students must be registered on a programme with Industrial Experience placement year;
- Students must be in year 2 of the programme;
- Students must have successfully achieved the academic threshold of a 2:1 in year average over the first 2 academic years in line with academic regulation 4.63 (http://www.arcs.qmul.ac.uk/media/arcs/policyzone/academic/Academic-Regulations-2019-20.pdf);
- Students should normally have secured their placement year in industry. Applications will be considered if the applicant has undertaken interview and have engaged with their schools Placement Officer or Careers Officer;
- Students must be able to demonstrate an annual household income under £15k.
Some courses are partly taught in the Faculty of Science and Engineering and partly taught in other Schools. The following jointly-taught courses are not eligible for the Science & Engineering Extra Mural Year Scholarships:
- BSc Computer Science with Management (ITMB)
- BEng FT Mechanical Engineering with Management
- BEng FT Aerospace Engineering with Management