Queen Mary Anniversary Scholarship
About the award
Course: Open to all programmes starting in September 2018, except MBBS and BDS
Value: £5,000 per year for each year of study (subject to meeting progression standards).
No. of awards: 3
Deadline: 1st June 2018
We are offering 3 prestigious scholarships at £5,000 per year for each year of studies as part of our 130th anniversary celebration of the People's Palace (subject to meeting progression standards). This is for 2018 entry only.
This scholarship is available to all nationalities and across all programmes except the BDS and MBBS (i.e. quota-controlled programmes). The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit and can be renewed each year, throughout your undergraduate degree.
How can I apply?
- Applicants must apply for the degree programme by 1st May 2018.
- Click here to apply for the Anniversary Scholarship. Please note applications will close on 1st June 2018 at 5pm.
- Students who wish to be considered for the scholarship need to ensure that they have firmly accepted their offer at the point of application for the scholarship.
- Students must achieve AAA in key A-levels, or international equivalent - UG 2018 Overseas Equivalences [XLS 14KB]. Please note students that achieve the equivalent to AAA i.e. A*AB are also eligible for the award. This award will be confirmed after A-level results day due to this criterion.
- Students must be planning on paying their own tuition fees. Those who already have funding from another Queen Mary scholarship are not eligible.
- Students must be applying for entry in September 2018.
- The qualifying grades must be in the subjects expressed in the offer of admission.
- Our policy on payment of the Scholarship during years in industry and study abroad is under consideration.
- Please note the award amount will not increase during your studies, but may decrease in proportion with any decreases in regulated fees in future years.
- Payment in second and third years is contingent on an overall academic achievement mark of above 80% in each year of study at Queen Mary (i.e. you must achieve an overall mark of above 80% in every progression year to maintain the Scholarship).
- This scholarship scheme operates independently of the Queen Mary Bursary Scheme. You could receive a bursary in addition to the scholarship.
- This scholarship will be awarded as a stipend to Home and EU students and a fee discount to overseas fee paying students.
Students who have queries regarding their academic achievement for the year should contact their School. Where a student experiences extenuating circumstances that affect academic performance or progress, continued receipt of an award will be considered within the University's existing extenuating circumstances procedures.
Please note School scholarships are subject to university wide Terms and Conditions as well as any course/School/Faculty conditions or criteria outline.