International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards 2018/19
About the award
Course: All postgraduate taught courses
Country: Non EU
No. of awards: Unlimited
Deadline: Automatically awarded if grades are met.
International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards will be deducted directly from tuition fees payable to the University. They apply to all postgraduate taught courses offered by the following Schools:
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences (excluding MSc Plant and Fugal Taxonomy Diversity and Conservation)
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- The Blizard Institute - (Regenerative Medicine and Clinical Microbiology/Biomedical Sciences only)
The scholarship is worth £3,000. To be eligible to receive the scholarship students must have achieved a UK First Class Bachelor’s degree or an overseas equivalent.
If the degree level qualification you are taking does not appear on our equivalences table, please contact the International Office on firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your QMUL application ID.
How do I apply?
There is no need to complete a separate application form to be considered for an International Science and Engineering Excellence Award. Students will be considered for an award on the basis of the information they provide in their online application to Queen Mary. Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification from the Science and Engineering Faculty Office.
- You must have achieved a UK First Class Bachelor’s degree or an overseas equivalent.
- You must be eligible to pay overseas tuition fees.
- This scheme is available only to students who apply for and enrol in an eligible course in the Faculty of Science and Engineering in the 2018/19 academic year.
- You must not be in receipt of any other University scholarship or full-fee scholarship from any other source, eg Chevening.
- If you are awarded the £3,000 scholarship it will be deducted directly from tuition fees payable to the University. You must be able to finance the remainder of your tuition fees and living expenses.
- Students who take an industrial placement year as part of a two year MSc will not receive a scholarship during this year in industry.
Please note School scholarships are subject to university-wide Terms and Conditions as well as any course/School/Faculty conditions or criteria outline.