About the award
Course: Any PhD that fits in one of the priority themes.
Value: full tuition, travel and living expenses
No. of awards: Variable
Deadline: TBC, likely September/October 2018
Research.. Innovation.. Prosperity!
The Newton-Mosharafa Fund is £50 million, seven-year science and innovation partnership between the UK and Egypt.
The Fund brings together the British and Egyptian scientific research and innovation sectors to find joint solutions to the challenges facing Egypt in economic development and social welfare. Read the Newton Mosharafa Fund brief.
Through Newton-Mosharafa, we will:
- build the skills and knowledge of British and Egyptian scientists through training and researcher mobility schemes;
- support British and Egyptian researchers to develop new innovations and partnerships in development areas;
- facilitate collaboration between universities and industry to ensure that new research can benefit all in society.
We support projects in five priority areas:
- Sustainable water management
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable food production
- Affordable and inclusive healthcare
The PhD Programme supports Egyptian researchers to do their PhD at UK Higher Education institutions. The programme covers all fees and living/travel expenses. The programme will support both general missions (full degree scholarships 3 - 4 years), as well as joint supervisions (for students to do research for a year at a UK university as part of their Egyptian PhD). Read more about this opportunity.
Please note that the eligibility criteria may be subject to change before the launch of new call.
Please check the Newton-Mosharafa Fund website for details of the 2019-entry call.
This is an external scholarship and candidates should apply for admission at Queen Mary in addition to applying for the scholarship.