EU Scholarships (Undergraduate)
About the award
Course: Undergraduate programmes in the Faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences and Science and Engineering, including those which start with a foundation year and one year International Foundation Year programmes.
No. of awards: unlimited
Deadline: 31 August 2021 for programmes starting in September of the same year
Queen Mary University of London is delighted to offer £5,000 scholarships to support EU domiciled students wishing to join undergraduate programmes in September 2021.
Our EU scholarships are available to students domiciled in EU countries and assessed as overseas fee payers. These awards are available to full-time undergraduate students on all programmes, except those courses offered by the School of Medicine and Dentistry. The following programmes are included:
- undergraduate programmes in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Engineering, including those which start with a foundation year;
- one year International Foundation Year programmes in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Engineering
In circumstances where the EU scholarship takes the remaining fee below the level of a UK Home student fee, the scholarship will be capped at this level automatically.
The scholarship will be paid for each year of the programme.
To be considered for our EU scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- your permanent home address must be in an EU member state
- your fee status must have been confirmed as ‘Overseas’ by Queen Mary and must remain ‘Overseas’ throughout the programme. This award is not available to applicants assessed as ‘Home’ for fee status purposes, regardless of nationality
- you must not be in receipt of student funding from the UK government. If you are eligible for more than one Queen Mary scholarship or bursary, you will receive the award with the highest value only
- you must be enrolling for the first year of an eligible programme at Queen Mary
If you are required to repeat a year of study on your programme, your scholarship award may be suspended for the repeat period. Repeat periods of study will be funded only on a discretionary, exceptional basis.
How to apply
You do not need to complete a specific application for this scholarship. The Queen Mary Admissions team will assess your eligibility when processing your application to study.
In order to be considered for the EU scholarship, you must:
- apply for your intended Queen Mary programme by no later than 31 August for undergraduate programmes starting in September of the same year
- make Queen Mary your firm choice by the deadline specified by UCAS for undergraduate programmes
- pay any fee deposit required by the deadline specified by Queen Mary Admissions