EU Scholarships (Postgraduate)
About the award
Course: Full-time taught postgraduate programmes in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Engineering, Pre-Masters programmes and full-time Distance Learning taught postgraduate programmes
No. of awards: unlimited
Deadline: Apply for your intended Queen Mary programme no later than 31 July 2021
Queen Mary University of London is delighted to offer £5000 scholarships to support EU domiciled students wishing to join one-year taught postgraduate programmes.*
Our EU scholarships are available to students domiciled in EU countries and assessed as overseas fee payers. These awards are available to full-time taught postgraduate students, except those enrolled on courses offered by the School of Medicine and Dentistry. The following programmes are included:
- full-time taught postgraduate programmes in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Engineering**
- Pre-Masters programmes
- Full-time Distance Learning taught postgraduate programmes***.
*The scholarship for students joining a Postgraduate Certificate programme will be £1,700 and for students joining Postgraduate Diploma programmes it will be £3,350
In circumstances where there EU scholarship takes the remaining fee below the level of a UK Home student fee, the scholarship will be capped at this level automatically.
** Scholarships are not available for those students enrolled on The Sorbonne- Queen Mary Double LLM
***Online programmes delivered by Queen Mary partner organisations are excluded from this scholarship.
To be considered for our EU scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- your permanent home address must be in an EU member state
- your fee status must have been confirmed as ‘Overseas’ by Queen Mary and must remain ‘Overseas’ throughout the programme. This award is not available to applicants assessed as ‘Home’ for fee status purposes, regardless of nationality
- you must not be in receipt of student funding from the UK government. If you are eligible for more than one Queen Mary scholarship or bursary, you will receive the award with the highest value only
- you must be enrolling for the first year of an eligible programme at Queen Mary
If you are required to repeat a year of study on your programme, your scholarship award may be suspended for the repeat period. Repeat periods of study will be funded only on a discretionary, exceptional basis.
How to apply
You do not need to complete a specific application for this scholarship. The Queen Mary Admissions team will assess your eligibility when processing your application to study.
In order to be considered for the EU scholarship, you must:
- apply for your intended Queen Mary programme by no later than 31 July for taught postgraduate programmes programmes starting in September of the same year
- make Queen Mary your firm choice by the deadline specified by Queen Mary Admissions for postgraduate programmes
- pay any fee deposit required by the deadline specified by Queen Mary Admissions