Sanctuary Scholarship 2022/23
About the award
Course: All in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Country: United Kingdom
Value: Full fee waiver; £1,700 QMUL Bursary per year; £8,171 living cost grant per year for those living in a parental home or £12,667 living cost grant for those living independently
No. of awards: up to 2
Deadline: This fund is now closed to applications
Queen Mary University of London is offering tuition fee and maintenance support for up to two undergraduate students who are asylum seekers or have a temporary immigration status awarded as a result of a claim for asylum but outside of the immigration rules, studying on degree programmes in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Successful applicants will be awarded a full tuition fee waiver and maintenance support. The non-repayable maintenance scholarship will include £1,700, the equivalent of the QMUL Bursary, and the equivalent of the student loan which most closely matches your circumstances, £8,171 for those living in a parental home, £12,667 for those living independently.
Funding will be provided for the normal duration of your course, if you need to apply for extra funding, e.g. for a course change or repeat year, your individual circumstances will be examined by the panel and a decision will be communicated to you.
For us to consider your application for our Sanctuary Scholarship you must:
- have a temporary immigration status awarded as a result of a claim for asylum but outside of the immigration rules (e.g. limited leave to remain, discretionary leave to remain, humanitarian protection); or
- be an asylum seeker or child of an asylum seeker;
- be ineligible to obtain funding from the Student Loan Company due to your immigration status; and
- have submitted a UCAS application for a place on an Undergraduate course in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences by 26th January 2022; and
- not already hold an equivalent or higher level qualification.
How to apply
This fund is now closed to applications - we will contact all applicants with the outcome shortly