Article 26 Bursary 2018/19
About the award
Country: United Kingdom
Value: £1,700 QMUL Bursary per year £7,324 living cost grant per year for those living in a parental home Full fee waiver or £11,354 living cost grant for those living independently
No. of awards: 2
Deadline: 29th June 2018
Successful applicants will be awarded a full tuition fee waiver and maintenance support. The non-repayable maintenance bursary will include £1,700, the equivalent of the QMUL Bursary, and the equivalent of the student loan which most closely matches your circumstances, £7,324 for those living in at home, £11,354 for those living independently.
Funding will be provided for the normal duration of your course, if you need to apply for extra funding, e.g. for a course change or repeat year, your individual circumstances will be examined by the panel and a decision will be communicated to you.
To be considered for our Article 26 Bursary you must:
- be an asylum seeker, the child of an asylum seeker or hold Discretionary Leave to Remain;
- be ineligible to obtain funding from the Student Loan Company;
- have firmly accepted a place on a course in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences;
- not already hold an equivalent or higher level qualification.
- submit a complete Article 26 Bursary 2018/19 [DOC 84KB] with all relevant documentation by the deadline – 29th June 2018.
- Visa Status Documentation
- Proof of current residency
- Proof of date of entry to the United Kingdom
Please submit a copy of your visa status documents, e.g. bank statement, utility bill, tenancy agreement, e.g. passport stamp, letter from UKVI
These documents may need to be obtained from your immigration solicitor.