Aziz Foundation Master's Scholarships
About the award
Course: Any Master's programme
Value: Full tuition fees
No. of awards: 220 nationwide
Deadline: Dec 2020/Jan 2021- Check Aziz Foundation
Looking for Financial Support to do a Masters degree?
The Aziz Foundation is offering 100% tuition fee Masters scholarships to British Muslims committed to improving British society through:
- Representation and Advocacy: to facilitate better representation and contribution to civil society
- Community Development: to raise aspirations and standards within British Muslim communities
To be eligible, you must qualify for home fees status. International students will not be considered.
The Aziz Foundation is awarding 100% tuition fee Masters scholarships to youth lacking the financial means to complete postgraduate degrees at British universities. These scholarships aim to empower British Muslims to bring positive change to their communities and beyond. Thus, they are aimed at those who:
- aspire to make a positive contribution to society – people who want to help others
- view themselves as future British Muslim leaders – change makers
Applications are submitted online, with the application form made available on 7th January 2020.The application form includes questions about financial means, a vision statement of no more than 1,000 words and the names of two referees.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for a 30 minute interview to explore questions around:
- challenges facing British Muslims;
- vision and hopes for change;
- personal qualities needed to succeed;
- means test – financial barriers faced (student debt, financial commitments).
Successful applicants will show how the Masters course they wish to study increases their effectiveness in one of the following areas relating to British Muslims:
– Representation and Advocacy: increase representation and contribution of Muslims to civil society
– Community Development: raise aspirations and standards within British Muslim communities
Successful applicants will be supported through:
1. Leadership Support Scheme (LSS) – The LSS will offer training days and career mentors that further increase the chances of the scholars starting successful careers.
2. Aziz Scholars Association (ASA) – The ASA comprises of current scholars and alumni. It enables the scholars to synergise as well as coordinate induction and training days.
Full details can be seen at http://azizfoundation.org.uk/masters-scholarships/