Article 26 Bursary 2018/19

About the award

Level: Undergraduate
Course: All
Country: United Kingdom
Value: £1,700 QMUL Bursary per year £7,324 living cost grant per year for those living in a parental home Full fee waiver or £11,354 living cost grant for those living independently
No. of awards: 2
Deadline: 29th June 2018

More information

Queen Mary University of London is offering tuition fee and maintenance support for two undergraduate students who are asylum seekers or hold Discretionary Leave to Remain studying on degree programmes in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.

  • Successful applicants will be awarded a full tuition fee waiver and maintenance support. The non-repayable maintenance bursary will include £1,700, the equivalent of the QMUL Bursary, and the equivalent of the student loan which most closely matches your circumstances, £7,324 for those living in at home, £11,354 for those living independently.

    Funding will be provided for the normal duration of your course, if you need to apply for extra funding, e.g. for a course change or repeat year, your individual circumstances will be examined by the panel and a decision will be communicated to you.


    To be considered for our Article 26 Bursary you must:

    • be an asylum seeker, the child of an asylum seeker or hold Discretionary Leave to Remain;
    • be ineligible to obtain funding from the Student Loan Company;
    • have firmly accepted a place on a course in the Faculty of Science & Engineering or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences;
    • not already hold an equivalent or higher level qualification.
    • submit a complete Article 26 Bursary 2018/19 [DOC 84KB]with all relevant documentation by the deadline –

    Required documentation

    • Visa Status Documentation
    • Proof of current residency
    • Proof of date of entry to the United Kingdom

    Please submit a copy of your visa status documents, e.g. passport stamp, letter from UKVI

    These documents may need to be obtained from your immigration solicitor.

If you require further information, please contact