Dr Tippu Sheriff
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 8466Room Number: Room 1.06, Joseph Priestley building
- Essential Skills for Chemists (CHE100)
- Foundations of Practical Chemistry (CHE101)
- States of Matter (CHE108)
- Practical Chemistry (CHE211)
- Solid State and Inorganic Chemistry (CHE203A)
- Advanced Practical Chemistry 1 (CHE301)
- Advanced Topics in Inorganic Chemistry (CHE403U)
- A Closer Look at Chemistry (SEF004)
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy (CHE308U)
I am interested in the modelling of small molecule activation in biological systems with current interests in the catalytic activation of dioxygen and the in-situ generation of hydrogen peroxide. Applications include low temperature bleaching, selective oxidation, disinfection and the generation of labelled hydrogen peroxide species (e.g. D218O2).
These interests involve the synthesis and characterization of novel manganese complexes of biological interest.
I maintain an interest in the preparation and use of modified clay catalysts as green alternatives to traditional catalysts in organic synthesis.
- Browse a list of publications by Tippu Sheriff