Dr Christopher R Jones
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 6631Room Number: Room 1.07, Joseph Priestley Building
- Structure and Reactivity in Organic Chemistry (CHE202A)
We are a synthetic organic chemistry group, interested in developing new methods that have the potential to impact upon contemporary socioeconomic issues such as new drug discovery and the need to find more sustainable chemical feedstocks.
As such, we aim to harness the high levels of reactivity of arynes, carbenes and radicals (“reactive intermediates”), as they afford unique and powerful opportunities to control challenging new chemical and biological processes.
In our group we are particularly focused on exploiting aryne reactivity for the development of new synthetic strategies, including direct Csp3-Csp2 bond formation and aliphatic C-H bond functionalisation, that will enable cheap and abundant hydrocarbon sources to be utilised and therefore reducing our reliance upon more limited and heavily functionalised starting materials.
- Find out more on the Jones Chemistry website
Current PhD opportunities
- Aryne-mediated metal-free C(sp3)-H bond functionalisation
- Aryne-mediated synthesis of biologically active heterocycles
- Diversity Oriented Synthesis via the Harnessing of Multiple Reactive Intermediates
- Piera Trinchera